The governors and staff at Impact are committed to the inclusion of all students with special educational needs and disabilities in the full life of the school, with equal access to the curriculum.
We always aim to raise the aspirations and expectations for all students including students identified with Special Educational Needs.
SEN/D is a core principle of Impact, it underpins our teaching and learning, regardless of particular needs or abilities. Every child, whatever their difficulties, is supported in finding strategies to deal/overcome them.
• We welcome difference and diversity.
• We are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers to ensure they are well informed and centrally involved in the life of the school.
• We will always involve parents and carers and their children in planning and reviewing progress; we know that parents are the first educators of their child; we need their knowledge to plan effectively.
• We know that the earlier we identify special educational needs and provide support, the more successful our students will be.
• We will provide expert support and resources for students with SEN/D to fulfil their potential.
• Using a whole-school approach to making provisions for students with SEN/D: we make sure that all staff have the knowledge and skills to support all students with SEN/D in our school; differentiate within lessons and create an inclusive learning environment for all.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding your child and any SEN/D needs please contact Mrs Shields by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seconded Assistant Head
For further information on Sefton's SEN Local Offer, please visit Sefton's Local Offer page via https://www.seftondirectory.com/kb5/sefton/directory/localoffer.page?localofferchannel=0