The Management Committee is made up of a variety of community, co-opted, parent and staff governors who each serve a four year term of office and are determined to support the staff of Impact in providing the best education and the safest learning environment for all students so they can fulfil their potential.
The Management Committee has a range of duties including:
- Determining the schools aims and objectives, adopting policies and setting targets in order to achieve them.
- Appointing a Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
- Making sure the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based and includes the statutory National Curriculum areas
- Setting appropriate targets for pupils at KS4
- Managing governor duties for pupils with SEN
- Managing the budget, including determining the staff complement and making decisions on staff pay in accordance with current pay and conditions documents.
- Establishing and reviewing annually a staff appraisal policy
The Management Committee and Head Teacher work in close partnership.