Welcome to the Management Committee section
As a Pupil Referral Unit, IMPACT is governed by a Management Committee comprising of LA members, Parent Representatives, School representatives, Staff members and Community members.
Parliament has given the Management Committee a range of duties and powers under the Education Act. The Management Committee has general responsibilities for strategic management of the school and must promote high standards of educational achievement (Section 21 Education Act 2002). This includes:
- Determining the schools aims and objectives, adopting policies and setting targets in order to achieve them.
- Appointing a Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
- Making sure that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based and includes the statutory National Curriculum areas.
- Setting appropriate targets for pupils at KS4
- Managing governor duties to pupils with SEN
- Managing the PRU budget including determining the staff complement and making decisions on staff pay in accordance with current Pay and Condition documents.
- Establishing and reviewing annually a staff Appraisal Policy
The Management Committee and Head Teacher work in close partnership.
The Management Committee meets once a term but there are delegated responsibilities for sub committees to cover specific areas. These include:
- Premisies, Finance and Staffing
- Safeguarding, Attendance & Behaviour
- Outcomes,Teaching/Learning and Assessment
- Staff Discipline/Dismissal Committee
- Staff discipline/Appeals Committee
The chair of the Management Committee is Steve Wilson and the Clerk to the Governors is Jacqui Maguire who can be contacted via the school office 01704 395948