- IMPACT offers a full time, 25 hour per week, Alternative curriculum to Key Stage 3 and 4 pupils.
- KS3 and K34 operate on two different sites 6 miles apart. KS3 pupils attend the Oakfield Campus (L37) in Formby and KS4 pupils attend the Dale Acre Campus (L30) in Bootle.
- There are 2 satellite sites at the Alt centre at Hightown and at Pendle House. These are therapeutic centres for pupils with specifc needs.
Pupils are referred for a wide variety of reasons.
- At Key Stage 3 (Year 7 - 9) the pupils attend Oakfield Assessment and Re-integration Centre. The average stay is 13 weeks and over 90% of the pupils return to mainstream or specialist provision.
- Pupils at KS4 (Year 10 & 11) attend the Alternative Provision and follow an average of 5 GCSE's in core subjects alongside vocational qualifications through the work related curriculum.
All pupils have access to a diverse menu of support to help to remove the barriers to engagement and learning because of social, emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties.
- Compassion and understanding within a stable, structured environment and challenge students to use the support offered to overcome barriers and build self esteem and self belief to help them move on with a positive outlook.
- A safe environment to nurture and develop core skills for lifelong learning, for contributing positively to society and for success in terms of reaching individual potential in academic achievement and personal development.
- Numerous outside agencies and partnerships to support families and individuals who want to change and make a difference to their life chances.
- Opportunities to bridge gaps in learning, continue qualifications begun in mainstream schools and engage in a wide range of practical subjects.
IMPACT has a large, very experienced and caring staff who have a proven record of making a difference to young people's lives through re-engaging in education and learning.